Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The steadfast love of God

The bible says that God is love. His love for His people & His children will never change.

As I was heading towards my office this morning, I felt the heat from the weather. As I didn't want to perspire too much by walking to my office from the MRT station I decided to take a bus, for there is a bus stop very near my office building. I waited at the bus stop for about twenty five minutes & seeing that the bus I wanted to board had't arrive, I decided to walk to my office instead.

Just after lunch, it started to rain & rained quite heavily. I was thinking how fast the weather had changed. It was bright & sunny one moment & dark & stormy the next. It resembles some of our situations that we may be going through.

Sometimes we experience all kinds of breakthrough in a season. And then we go through valleys of our lives. Circumstances may change, but the love of God will never change. Give praise & worship God when the going is strong. Give thanks to God when the going is tough.

God displayed His love for the human race at the cross. Jesus was crucified at the cross to divinely exchange His position of righteousness for our position of sin. There is no greater love than this for Jesus died for us while we were sinners. God loves us while we were still sinners. What more now that we are His beloved children.

No comments: