Thursday, September 11, 2008

Divine protection

This is something that happened to me this morning while I was cycling along Pasir Ris Park. I believe God is divinely protecting me from harm.

It has been quite a while since I last cycled early in the morning. Decided to just bring my bicycle for a leisure ride toward Pasir Ris Park, my usual cycling route. Things were good this morning. The weather was wonderful. The traffic along the main roads were light and smooth. My legs felt good even after a prolong period of rest from cycling. My lungs felt good, not having to breath hard.

All was well till I reached a junction where I had to cut into another track. There was a tiled pathway between the track I was on and the track I was to cut into. I decided to go on the tiled pathway instead of just cutting across the grass patch between two tracks.

While on the tiled pathway, my front tyre got caught between two cement tiles. I was immediately flung to the right ride of the tiled pathway. This is the amazing part: my right clip on my right cycling shoe dislodged itself from the right paddle and I happened to land on a patch of grass that was soft and slided for a very short distant! Amazing! I always dislodge my left clip first when I want to dismount from my bicycle. To dislodge my right clip from the right paddle takes a little effort. Beside getting a bit dirty on my right thigh and arm, there was no scratch or cut on my body. Hallelujah!

It must have been angels working to uphold me and cushion my fall. There was a man sitting under a hut that was beside the tiled pathway. I think he saw the whole incident unfolding right in front of his eyes. Hahaha. :-)

All glory to Lord Jesus! Hallelujah!

2 comments:

cybeRanger said...

Wow! God is good all the time.. May the Lord receive all the glory!

Guess what? Today is the birthday of Jesus.. check out my blog @
http://cyberanger.blogspot.com/

Phoebe said...

Praise God for protecting Johanan's Daddy!