Monday, September 15, 2008

God's weather

I joined a group of friends from church to cycle from Marine Cove to Changi Village and back to Marine Cove on last Saturday morning. I had prayed to Abba Father for an enjoyable time with good weather the night before.

The group had decided much earlier on to start the ride at around 10
am. From past experiences, the weather can be quite hot after around 11
am in the morning. I was a bit concerned about the weather as I didn't want to have sunburn on my arms and legs.

However, when I woke up on Saturday morning, it was raining cats and dogs! I was questioning God why the unfavourable weather. For heavy rain usually implies lots of puddle of water along the bicycle track and lots of dirt to go with it. It is something I personally don't like as I will have to spend a longer time cleaning my bicycle after the ride.

God is able to answer exceeding abundantly above all things we ask or think of. Little did I know that when we started to ride, the weather was cool. Cool enough for a leisurely ride towards Changi Village. Cool enough not to get sunburn early in the morning. Cool enough not to feel any heat from the sun. Praised the Lord for the wonderful weather on last Saturday morning.

We did eventually get a little bit of tan on our arms and legs while riding back from Changi Village after a full lunch at around 1:30 pm. Hallelujah. It was only a slight tan and not a sunburn which most of us would have experienced had the weather was "normal". Can't help but to praise God for His love and goodness on me throughout the whole ride. Sometimes God doesn't answer our prayers the way we envision it to be for He has a better plan for us. If only we don't doubt His loving heart towards us.

No comments: