Tuesday, April 13, 2010

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies

Hallelujah!

The Lord prepares a table. What is the purpose of the table? The purpose of
the table is to serve the bread and wine. It speaks of the finished work of
Jesus at the cross. It serves as the reminder to my enemies that my Lord
has a covenant with me and all who come against me come against the Lord.

It is the Lord who prepares the table before me. It is Jesus who is the
sacrificial lamp on the cross who has finished the complete work. Worthy is
the Lamp and no one else.

The work has been completed from the beginning of the world. It has been
accomplished before the foundation of the earth. That's why Jesus prepares
the table and not me. For He is always preparing my way before I walk
through it.

Isn't it interesting that the bible says the Lord prepares a table before
me in the presence of my enemies? Why in the presence of my enemies? Jesus
wants me to know when I am facing my enemies face to face, He is there with
me and He is doing all the miraculous works to see me through.

How did the children of Israel feel when they were faced with the Red Sea
and the Egyptian army hot on their heels? I think they probably thought
they were going to die because they cried out to Moses saying so. That's
when the Lord appeared as a wall of fire protecting the children of Israel
from the Egyptian army and asked Moses to use his rod to split open the Red
Sea to allow only the children of Israel to pass through!

God may seem to be late but His timing is always perfect!

The Lord anoints my head with oil and my cup runs over!

The Lord pours forth His golden oil into my life till it is overflowing. He
keeps on pouring so that I can be a blessing to those around me. He never
ceases to keep doing that for it is His delight to supply my every need!

A shepherd will put oil on the head of a sheep to ward off flies. In the
same vein of thought, the Lord anoints my head to ward off all my enemies!
Hallelujah! His very presence will repel every evil from my life. He is the
answer to my every need, and He will see to it that it is met. Hallelujah!

No comments: