Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My chains are gone, I've been set free

"My chains are gone, I've been set free. My God, my Saviour, had ransomed me." - Christ Tomlin.

I was so touch my this song, Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone), when I heard it just a few weeks ago. It reminded me of the freedom I have when Jesus had redeemed me some 2000 years ago.

I am no longer under any bondage or law for Jesus had fulfilled the law on my behalf. I'm the redeemed of the Lord. I am to believe in the finished work by Jesus at the cross and to be at rest.

The things of old have passed away. I am a new creation in Christ. I belong to the new covenant where all my sins have been forgiven because of Jesus' finished work. I can boldly go to Abba Father and commune with Him directly.

Praise the Lord that my old self had been crucified with Christ some 2000 years ago. Whom the Lord had set free, he is free indeed. Hallelujah!

No comments: