Friday, September 14, 2007

Peace in the middle of a traffic congestion

Was caught in a traffic congestion yesterday evening along Guillemard road at around 6:30 pm. I was feeling frustrated initially for being caught in that situation and also at the decision to travel on that road.

While mulling over the situation, I was reminded by the Holy Spirit that I was in my car and enjoying the sermon which was playing through the car's audio player. At that moment, it dawn on me how blessed I am. I was inside the car and not outside. I am able to listen very clearly and not deaf. I am to see with good vision and not blind. I am able to move my arms and legs and not limp. Hallelujah!

How often do we take these things for granted. Instead of thanking God for being alive and being able to praise and worship Him, we complain about the difficult times at the office, we complain about the inconsiderate neighbours, we complain about the government, and we complain .... Just for once, can we focus on the One who had taken away all our sins and had promised abundance of blessings on our lives.

When we behold His beauty and what He had accomplished at the cross, the image of God within us become "BIG". We begin to have good opinion of God. We start to believe God is good to us. We believe all things will happen for our good and that no evil shall befall us.

Paise and worship Him for He is good and His mercy endures forever.

No comments: