Monday, October 27, 2008

Only Jesus had died for me

Some 2000 years ago, a lone solitary figure was crucified on the cross. He was there because of my sins. He was there to take my place of punishment so that I could take His place of righteousness. His name is Jesus.

Only Jesus' sacrifice was needed and the only sacrifice that was completely complete. No other sacrifices can make it: God is not satisfied with those sacrifices. In the old testament, children of Israel will sacrifice bulls and sheeps to atone for their sins yearly. Jesus' one sacrifice is all that is needed. His one sacrifice fully satisfied God.

His death at the cross had made me righteous. His death had made me rich and healthy. He had bequeathed His Shalom peace to me when He ascended to Heaven. His words tell me not to worry about what to eat and drink and what to put on. The bible tells me not to worry about tomorrow but to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness.

Trust in His finished work at the cross. Believe in His unfailing love for me. Do not doubt His word. Give praise to Him and worship Him every moment that I am conscious of His presense. Give thanks to Him for the completed work.

No comments: