Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Rest in the Lord

"Come to Me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest... For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

The Lord wants us to come to Him for our every need and be at rest within for He is able and willing to take care of our every need. Jesus is all that we need. He has our interests on His heart. It saddens Him to see us striving on our own efforts to go about meeting our needs. For He is more than willing to make sure we are well taken care of in this world.

Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, He is the Author and Finisher of our faith. He always has the last word in our situation. Trust in Him and everything will be alright. Rest in His finished work at the cross. For worthy is the Lamb who was slain on my behalf. I do not have anything to contribute at the cross for my sins to be forgiven and to be right with God. Only Jesus and His precious blood is able to take away our sins.

The work at the cross is completely complete. Nothing is left undone for our forgiveness of sins. Every rightful punishment that is due to us for all our sins has been met by Jesus at the cross. Our own selves have been crucified at the cross with Jesus. Lord Jesus was resurrected on the third day and I, through His resurrection, also have a resurrected Spirit. I am a new creation.

Rest in the Lord. Rest in the knowledge of the finished work. Shalom.

No comments: